thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

Need Help w/ Samsung Parts(capacitor) look up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help w/ Samsung Parts(capacitor) look up

I accidentally knocked of ceramic cap off an s8 plus board and don't have a donor board for it at the moment. It's C7060 - Samsung part number 2203-000725(per service manual). Does anyone know which value this is or does anyone know how to look up Samsung component part numbers?

Nevermind found it at samsungparts

Comment

For future reference: It is unlikely that a good educated guess at capacitor replacement value will lead to trouble! All that matters is that a capacitor usually has one of two possible common roles. RARE in our smartphones and such is role #1: part of a time-based tank circuit, RC network, etc.-rare in our daily mobile device repair life. AND #2: power decoupling, EMI suppression. - where a missing capacitor means it will now make a little radio interference noise maybe. OR - it will maybe have a little dirtier DC power on that rail. If one side of the capacitor has continuity to ground and it's on your power rail = guess which role that capacitor is playing! Just mind the VOLTAGE rating of that circuit. If it's a 5 volt rail = safe to use a 10 volt or higher replacement capacitor of as large a value as you can steal from something else for a replacement candidate. (try to at least double the capacitor voltage rating.) If you use too low of a rating - a spike can burn a hole between layers and short the cap or make it leak noise and do aggravating stuff.

Comment

You have to use a digital caliper to measure the capacitor that is missing or damaged then you can buy a similar replacement capacitor from digikey.com...

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X