Looking for recommendations on first BGA Rework Station.

SMMRepair

I've gotten to the point where I need to invest in a station capable of replacing larger BGA chipsets (CPUs, PCHs, larger BGA chips like TBT controllers, etc). Not concerned with price; I'm concerned with getting the best quality-to-cost ratio, however. In other words, if there's a $1300 machine that "gets the job done", and an $1800 machine that "gets the job done quicker, easier and with less frustration", I'd definitely prefer the $1800 machine.

This will be my first BGA rework station. I have hundreds of donor boards for the chips, I just need a way to remove them and replace them! :)

Thanks!

aprendiz

I use Shuttle Star SP-360c, it is cheap, about 1300USD, it works great for me, no positioning sistem, no side view camera, but ive never needed, even with Macbook boards... next recomendation is ZhuoMao ZM-6200 about 4600USD.......

SMMRepair

Thanks, aprendiz. Have followed you on various forums for years, appreciate your input. Would you mind shooting me a message directly? I've got a few questions about the Shuttle Star, if you don't mind. Don't want to gunk up this thread with them.

SMMRepair

Hey Aprendiz, I sent you a message; I saw you left me a "visitor message", but it won't let me reply/comment on it? Not sure how that all works. Can you check your actual "messages" tab up top, next to "notifications"? Thanks! :)