thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

Looking for recommendations on first BGA Rework Station.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for recommendations on first BGA Rework Station.

I've gotten to the point where I need to invest in a station capable of replacing larger BGA chipsets (CPUs, PCHs, larger BGA chips like TBT controllers, etc). Not concerned with price; I'm concerned with getting the best quality-to-cost ratio, however. In other words, if there's a $1300 machine that "gets the job done", and an $1800 machine that "gets the job done quicker, easier and with less frustration", I'd definitely prefer the $1800 machine.

This will be my first BGA rework station. I have hundreds of donor boards for the chips, I just need a way to remove them and replace them!

Thanks!

I use Shuttle Star SP-360c, it is cheap, about 1300USD, it works great for me, no positioning sistem, no side view camera, but ive never needed, even with Macbook boards... next recomendation is ZhuoMao ZM-6200 about 4600USD.......

Comment

• SMMRepair
      SMMRepair commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey! I sent you a message yesterday--please check your "messages" tab up top, next to "notifications".

Thanks, aprendiz. Have followed you on various forums for years, appreciate your input. Would you mind shooting me a message directly? I've got a few questions about the Shuttle Star, if you don't mind. Don't want to gunk up this thread with them.

Comment

Hey Aprendiz, I sent you a message; I saw you left me a "visitor message", but it won't let me reply/comment on it? Not sure how that all works. Can you check your actual "messages" tab up top, next to "notifications"? Thanks!

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X