thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

Source for magsafe tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for magsafe tips?

I'm trying to set up a bench power supply to power all my logic boards under test using just the adapter tip from a magsafe charger. See this link https://www.amazon.com/Droya-Repair-...ateway&sr=8-50

What I want to know is if those tips will report as 85W or anything lower which would be a problem. Anyone try them out? Unfortunately I don't have any dead magsafe chargers to harvest these from.
    Last edited by MexicoTV; 05-28-2019, 02:58 PM.

buy a broken charger from eBay. it's the only way!!

Comment

Highly don't recommend it. Use OEM bricks 85 watt mag 1 and 2 and 87 watt USBC

Comment

Alright, will do. Thank you!

Comment

Beetstech has MagSafe 1 and 2 power adapters used, Apple, excellent condition. Yesterday I got my magsafe 1 85W adapter from them for $36.40. Free shipping because I qualified for their "ProTech member" status just for applying for it, I called them and quickly they answered and set it for me so my order qualified right away. They rock.

Comment

I found 85W tips from China with full length cords for $3.59 each! They are out there. No charger just the cord and head.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X