820-00164 green light yes fan no

Rford

hey everyone,
have an 820-00164 that gave a brief display, and fan, then no fan and a sim green/orange light. Isl6259 was messed up, so I changed it out, seems to have fixed the dim mag safe light. Also changed burned components around lcdbklt_en. Have pp5v_s5 but no pp5v_ s4rs3 or S0. Any ideas?

Rford

3v3_s5 is present. At L7560. Resistors around SPI are Ok. Only thing that was visibly corroded after replacing the lcdbklt area, was one probe point opposite the lcdbklt_en area. It's completely burnt and gone. Could this be the cause? Also, scope is effed up.

dukefawks

Administrator
Anything going on at L7520? Could be short pulsing...
U1950 pin 8 is of course also a prime suspect and crap around U1900.

Rford

Dead at L7520, u1950 has voltage at pin 8, looks like u7501 enable pin is not being "enabled". U1900 has voltage and looks fine around it. The burnt probe point is 1123 on the lcdbklt_en_div_l net. Think that would have a weird tie to it some how?

Rford

3.42 at pin 8 of u6100, j6100 I removed before posting original question. Just to be safe. PP3v3_sus is reading 3.34. Could it be the bios? If so, would one from a 3437 work on this board?

Rford

No Title

Having some issues dialing in the scope. It doesn't appear to to register but my scales could be out of whack and they're not adjusting right.

Attachments

• photo700.jpg
    photo700.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 0

Rford

That's what I was afraid of. Nothing, no reading. I will say though, as an anomoly, the fan just started spinning for the first time for about 10 seconds... does that mean anything?