820-00165 Liquid damage

RyanLEN

Hi - Have board with liquid damage on DC In board and corrosion on upper right side of main board to the right of CPU. Replaced DC In board and everything was working. After cleaning now I get no PP5V_SO.

smiba

Does the board show any signs of life other then the charging light? Is there a fan spin?

How is PP3V3_S5 and PP3V3_S4 doing?

Also I assume you've already cleaned up the corrosion on the upper right of the CPU?

RyanLEN

Oh yea...there's life. The entire board will work fine. It even boots. Then I unplug charger and plug back in and it will be dead. Ill start probing around and all of a sudden it turns on again. I did clean the corrosion because I wrongfully assumed it was working but I know where the damage was. All other rails are good. I will check again tomorrow in the AM. Thanks for your responses guys. Have a good one!

dukefawks

Administrator
No idea, this will be corrosion under somewhere. Only you saw where the corrosion was, I cannot help in this case. Simple fact is is the CPU power in not coming on all rails will start cycling and you should be able to see that on 5V_S0 bus.