820-2850-A Video problems

MaxFix

Hi,

This board came in with no image. Unfortunately my colleague went ahead and reflowed the GPU to diagnose this board before we spotted that this is notorious board for C9560 problem. Now we have an image but question is did a temporary fix to GPU or to a cap? Is there a way to check it before we replace both?

Thanks!

MaxFix

Replaced the cap. Put on Video stress test. Black image and system freeze after half an hour. GPU next?

dukefawks

Administrator
What did you use for video testing? I find that Furmark never crashes after replacing C9560 and Heaven just always crashes no matter what.

MaxFix

I use Cinebench for quick CPU and GPU test and FURMARK for long stress test. Now it doesnt even want to boot -> black screen. Back to the original problem before GPU reflow.

MaxFix

Agreed. That is why I am not jumping straight to GPU replacement on this one. No chime on boot and no image only fan spin. NVRAM reset doesnt work. This morning I was able to boot it again but it crashed in Furmark immediately.

dukefawks

Administrator
I wouldn't bother with this one as it could be anything. But if you have time to waste the common issue is the MUX and/or GPU/VRAM.