820-2914 really slow

geraymartha

hello I have a 820-2914 that pass the ASD but I cant install any os using usb , the only way I was able to install a system was with internet recovery , its lion , but everything is really slow , since asd pass this are not sensor problems? how I can start to troubleshoot this?

thank you.

geraymartha

bios was replaced I got this board with out bios and I replace it with other one from a dead board , let me get a os x from usb to try thank you for replay

smiba

Don't just swap the BIOS from another board like that without flashing it with a clean ME region, 99% sure this is the cause of your issues.
If the old BIOS chip had nothing wrong with it place it back

Search for it on this forum on how to write a clean ME region, it has been explained how to do this a couple of times

smiba

I'm surprised, you got this board from a recycling centre that had part(s) missing and you managed to actually make it boot? Alright

You don't need the old bios, but you do need a clean ME region. There are tutorials about that online, just google something like "Macbook clean ME region tutorial" and you will probably find what you're looking for. I don't feel like writing instructions for something someone else will have explained already (and most likely better then I ever will explain).

Did the BIOS come from the same board number?

geraymartha

yes is same number , the guys at the recycling keeps bios of all the boards for parts they sell me because they use them to remove efi on other laptops that they get , and usually i get boards for parts missing stuff or with destroyed stuff i think is because they can't fix this boards they just pull out from the bodys without caring about not destroying the board and dump them into a pile like whatever but they are really cheap.

dukefawks

Administrator
OMG, they are swapping chips to remove EFI lock? That means all machines are fucked up after that. You cannot swap a ROM without transferring the ME region or using a clean ME region.