820-2936 black dots on lcd

Kyle93

have a 820-2936 that had heavy liquid damage around lcd connector area. Replaced lcd connector and reflowed led driver chip. I now get a clear image but I have some black dots on the bottom of the lcd. I know its not the lcd itself since I also get the same results known good lcds.

What should I check next on board?

dukefawks

Administrator
One of the LED return lines is open. Look at diagram and measure the 6 LED return lines on diode mode at the LCD connector, they should all 6 read the same.

Kyle93

All of the lines have the same reading except led return 1 reads 0. In this case would I just need to run a wire to R9717?

dukefawks

Administrator
Bad LP8550 or bad soldering on the connector. Check LED return lines on the end of a separate LCD cable to verify the connector.

Kyle93

I'm having another issue with this board. When I start it up I just get a white screen but no ? folder ever pops up. Also wont boot from a hard drive. Is this a bios issue?

aprendiz

You had imagen before so it is not a bios failure, missing voltage on LVDS connector.... Voltage on pin 3 and 4 from J9000?

Kyle93

they are both 3.10V. Screen is just white but nothing else happens. Using a known good lcd.

Also have other issue where even though battery is fully charged light will turn orange for a minute or two then green then orange e.t.c with battery plugged in