820-2936 missing LCD_IG_PWR_EN

geraymartha

hello masters of the universe

I have a 820-2936 that turn on , fan spins , laser mouse light , I see voltage on the vcore , without ram beeps , with ram I get no chime or display , I check on L9004 and I got nothing
I follow and LCD_IG_PWR_EN is not there.

I got this logicboard from a recycling cente , I cant find red probe points , or corroded components , I have no clue how to trouble shoot this.

The lcd that I use to test works with other board , and I did voltage test with the lcd plug in the conector.

thank you for your help.

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
Connect external USB keyboard and do a PRAM reset. Chime will only come from the 4 pin case speaker, not the one on the board.

geraymartha

Hey guys! i got it is working now! , guess what? the bios was causing the problem , i try with the bios of another board and now it work , i test the damaged bios on the other board and it did present same issue. crazy because all voltages are present , its fix , now i want to find out where on the bios rails i can detect this problem any ideas? , this one was out of luck i try it just because on some older models sometimes i saw a similar issue were fan will spin but no display and bios was the cause.

again any ideas where on the bios rails i can try to detect this problem???

smiba

You can't just swap over the ROM chips like that, even if you get exactly the same model the ME region won't match and will cause weird crap.
If the working BIOS is from the same board you can leave it on, but you really have to get a clean ME region on there