820-3330 missing pm_slp_s4_l

Dmitry

820-3330 water damaged in area lcd connector, no water damage anywhere else. Customer said laptop worked until image disappear. Connector is rusted out and few pads completely burnt out. That is straight forward. Main issue is that it doesn't turn on from power button, green light present.
I found identical topic on advanced rework with no solution and reference to 3 Luises videos. Non of them really applicable in my case. There is no water damage nowhere near SMC.
PP5V_S3_REG missing
U7201
pin 4 = 0v
pin2 = 0v
pin12 =3v
pin21=3v
pin23= 12v
pin22=3v
pin13=2v
pin29=5v

The other thing is that it chargers if I attache the battery (yellow light). Also it auto turn on if I plug adapter with battery attached, no chime.

PM_SLP_S4_I come out of U1800, I couldnt find out what powers U1800, to find out whether it is power to U1800 or u1800 is the issue.

Last edited:

Dmitry

Are you using a REAL ORIGINAL 85W charger? I guess not cause it needs the battery to turn on if you don't.

I used 65w as I didnt have original 85W, I figured if Voltage is the same it should be okay for diagnostic purpose. Obviously I was wrong.

With non original 85 charger I get fan spinning as soon as I plug it in and PM_SLP_S4_I 3.3v. Thank you Duke.

Last quick question, shouldn't it chime after I connect power and fan spins? I dont get the sound with board speaker connected (ram is connected, hddd not), and it will take me some time to fix lcd connector (need jumpers) and order new lcd flex before I can test it.