820-3437

MDY

I need to update bios in this board. I found bios with clean ME but I am not sure how to flash this bios chip. It is U2890 as I can see in schematic, right?

I have nano bios programmer and RT809. Is there any adapter on aliexpress or ebay to buy for this bios chips?

MDY

I am not sure. First time I met this problem. When power appear that it is disabled and I have to try later in 60 minutes. I tested with another usb hdd and appear padlock on screen so I think that flash bios will be ok.
When I put "efi lock" in google I see image with pin required. But in my case no pin is required.

Last edited:

MDY

Is there any way to read the chip using adapter? I dont know how to look for it in ali or ebay.

dukefawks

Administrator
RT809 should be able to read the chip. Pull the chip and if you have no adapter just solder 8 wires to it. I have no further advice on RT809, I have only used TL866 and EZP2010.

MDY

Ok, I lift the chip and replaced all after $SVS with FF and I tried the board and lock appear again. I tried the board with same ssd. Could be that the reason?

dukefawks

Administrator
You did not follow the instructions. After clearing both $SVS tags you need to reset PRAM on first boot and reinstall OSX.

MDY

Ok, I removed the chip again when soldering on adapter board I damaged the chip (1 pin missing). I found another bios chip from another 3437 board and put fixed dump and board doesnot power anymore. I tried also backup dump and doesnot power anymore. Carrefuly checked all resistors arround and all is ok. Any idea what could be goes wrong? This board should work with another bios chip, right? I tried one MX and one Winbond chip. Original is Winbond. I checked clock chip as it is near and I have 32K for PCH. All resistors arround compared with another board are on their place. Bios chip has 3V and I have green light. Something meesing with bios could block the SMC?

dukefawks

Administrator
If it came from another 3437/3435 board it should work. Inspect missing/moved resistors around U6100 and verify chip is programmed correctly.