820-3476 wont turn on

WeLoveApple

Coffey spill. But board did not get too much damage seemingly. Only obvious thing was a cap (C1910). I changed that. After that it did catch green light, it even started okay with lcd. Then I connected the battery (which had corrosion before on the logic board part ). After that the green light went away and never came back. Probably battery is fried too....
Tried other DC board too...

Now:
PP3V42 is missing
PPBUS is missing
PPDCIN_G3HOT is missing
ACOK is missing

Resistors around ISL are fine (R7105, R7121/22, R7151/52), though ISL got some coffey on it.

Clues?

WeLoveApple

This is weird:
The board stayed some days put aside: now it works perfectly. Tried in in the case and everything seem to work. But this time I was afraid to connect the battery. Last time I connected it the green light and all the rails went to 0.
So it is possible that a fried battery would do this? Just throw away that battery?

jgraffis

i recently fixed one that had similar issue. everything i would plug in the battery it would blow something up and no green light, log story short i chased a short to ground all the way back to the smc threw PP3V42.

i thought maybe the battery was bad until i tried a know good battery.

dukefawks

Administrator
The battery will fry it or it won't, not that it will be dead for the weekend....how would that make sense? Connect it and see what happens.