Gets too hot and then gets stuck

JorgePayar

Hi, I have an issue with an 820 2850 board I7 green light and orange, chime, apple logo appears or if I press alt it respond well, but after a minute the cpu is getting hot, then it gets stuck showing kind of apple logo artifacts on screen.
Where can I start?

JorgePayar

Ok I replaced it from a donor board 820 3115. I put the capacitor on pin 1 and because it is bigger then I scratched a little bit on the same ground section because pin 2 is going to ground I soldered but...I have the same problem yet
Could be the capacitor bad? or maybe another thing?

Update: Cap 9560 pin 1 gives 1,3V
L9560 gives a spike of 3V then 1,3V on pin 2

Update 2: It seems that somebody has touching in the resistors r9589 area

So these are the values:
r9589= 27,18 K instead of 51,1k
r9585= 79,7k instead of 40,2k
r9571= 9,23k instead of 20,5k

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
Those resistors are an Apple modification. If you want you can replace the GPU+VRAM, but these boards are just trash. That is all I can say about these.

JorgePayar

An apple modification? Well that area it was a little bit bad soldered like somebody was playing, somebody who does not have the correct tools for that.

I know they are trash but what I think is that the pch is receiving more voltage than needed, don't tell me again they are trash I know that, please help me as much as you can.
I appreciate so much what you are doing.

Where do you think I could start I have already replaced the C9560
What could be next?

Last edited:

JorgePayar

No Title

Ok, What I see is that when the mac is cold, I have no problem it boots normally,chime, everything...but when it gets hot it gets stucked
So probably something could be sending more power than what it needs, could be something related with GPU VCore Regulator?
Could be any buck converter that it is fucked and instead of pulses it is passing all through it? Am I saying stupids things?

I´ve been googleling and I found this:

larossmann dukefawks

I have similar issue but the memory is not boiling and the gpu gets hot when I turn on the mac so...what could it be?Where can I start? Any help is more than welcome

Attachments

• photo202.png
    photo202.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: