iPhone 6 no rear camera

Tony Tone

Was working a touch connector for another repair shop and afterwards find that the rear camera isn't working. I found that C2389 was causing a short. Also while removing underfill broke off some other components: U2301, L2333 and some other small components I replaced. I've tested everything and seems to be good. As for the U2301 I had to pull off another iPhone. The balls were all still stuck on the board except the ground. So I tinned the pad on the chip and placed it on with a blob.. Viewing sideways it seems like it made a connection. So now my needing some direction, the U2301 on ZXW tools shows that there is a test pad just below the surface of pad B1 CAM_EXT_LDO_EN, so I scrapped under the surface and found the pad. I get like 3.4V on C2301-2 and nothing on C2345-1 and nothing on the test pad B1. However I put the phone to not turn off the screen and camera on and test the pad I get like 1.7V I believe and C2345-1 is 2.8V. So I am thinking that the chip is ok bc it did its job for a few seconds then back to zero. Why back to zero? The camera connector is a little burnt but looks ok. Should I just change this connector too I am wondering bc it needs to actually communicate with the camera installed in order to get this rail to turn on? The connector doesn't look bad enough to change. Just wondering what else is going on bc that is the extent of my knowledge so far : ) I know alot of the work I did looks shitty, but that all I'll clean up once I figure out the deal.

Attachments

• photo188.JPG
    photo188.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 0
  • photo189.JPG
    photo189.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo190.jpg
    photo190.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture11.JPG
    Capture11.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Tony Tone

The connector in the picture is, but I redid it.
So with a good connector and camera connected the signal will be generated by U0201? (I put on new both)
So anything else wrong on those camera lines will not allow CAM_EXT_LDO_EN to shoot out?
How does one find out what is required for that to shoot out? (Only Apple knows, LOL?)

Tony Tone

Thanx for the comment though : )
That phone has already been returned to the customer, but I see it often and was throwing my line out there to see if someone by chance knew.