macbook air 11" 2010 LCD panels and Lvds cable confusion...

Alan.L

on boardview they look different. not sure if is the cable or different lcd protocol.

i tried a 2011 full display assembly on macook air 2010. it didnt work probably. it just give fizzy white screen.

2010 and 2011's lcd are they interchangeable or is it the only the cable are interchangeable?

thanks
Alan

dukefawks

Administrator
Cables have a slightly different pinout, the rest is all the same. 2011 LCD should however work on a 2010 as far as I know, just 2 I2C lines are different and not critical. Not 100% sure though.

dukefawks

Administrator
I just told you the cables are different, so you should buy the correct one. No guarantee a 2011 one will work.

Alan.L

duke, can i use a 13" LCD panel 2013 on a macbook air 13" 2010, with 2010 lvds cable ?

i've many 2013 13" full screen assembly. no one want them on ebay. i'll change LVDS cable and isight cable if i have to.

dukefawks

Administrator
Yes you can, but iSight contruction is totally different and you cannot fit a 2010 model in there. So kinda useless.

Last edited:

Alan.L

I jerry rigged a 13" 2013 display to a macbook air 2011 last week. Just had to use a dremel tool to make more room for 2011 isight module. I wish i took a picture.

Older macbook air full display assembly is getting harder to find on ebay.

cool thanks :)

Last edited: