MacBook Air 13" 2011 820-3023-A sporadically loses green light/does not power on

Inwerp

Hello everyone.

Sorry for writing it before measuring everything, but during the first-look test laptop booted and i've decided to extract customer's data before proceeding since it started wit the battery disconnected.
i have two days off, so i am reading schematics to figure out what could be a reason for such a weird behaviour.

J2550 had corrosion around pins 44-64, nothing suspicious more.
triggering SMC reset turned off orange led instead of switching it to green.
could not find schematics for charging board (io board?), so i would appreciate some tips for onewire troubleshooting.

dukefawks

Administrator
No schematic for IO board. The first thing here is to inspect the J4700, IO board and flat cable for corrosion, best to just replace IO board/cable in doubt.

Inwerp

No schematic for IO board. The first thing here is to inspect the J4700, IO board and flat cable for corrosion, best to just replace IO board/cable in doubt.
Thanks, i will test it with other board as soon as i get one.
is there some MB Pro board which could have a schematic close enough to troubleshoot it instead of simply replacing it?

dukefawks

Administrator
There are no diagrams for any IO boards for this stuff. These are $15 so no use to even waste 10 minutes on them. Only thing you can quickly do is inspect the connectors for corrosion.