Macbook pro no touchbar 2017 820-00840-A No Power On

supamodz

Hi guys i managed to get one of these in my store water damaged. Of course upon inspection the water damage was near and around the U7650 which is our same as older models tps chip. Checking around that area i noticed that 5vs5 is missing so i checked for shorts none are present. I checked for my pp5vXX_en this signal is missing, which comes from PM_EN_P5VS5. This signal comes from U7890 that seems to be a logic gate, so on the U7890 i'm missing PMIC_EN_P3V3S5 that comes from U7800 the aka PMIC chip which is a bga. So my question is this shit has many input signals. is it possible that something else is not allowing this chip to output the 3v3s5 signal? I'm totally lost on this crap.

dukefawks

Administrator
U7800 getting 3V3 and outputting PP3V3_LDO3V? If END is high then it should output PGD which is the one you are missing.

supamodz

on u7800 im missing PP3V3_S5. PP3V3_LDO3V is present. END is high but like I said PGD is still missing so i checked PGD for a short to ground and its shorted. Under my Flir gun, the chip is the only thing that is warm on the board.