Macbook Pro Retina, 820-3536 No PM_SLP_S4_L Signal.

punkieftw

Hi, i have a retina here. this mac gotten power on sometimes without backlight and sometimes no power, but always has green/orange light.

had corrosion on the mentioned parts
C1214 Has corrosion on the Pin one, miss the pad and i remove the older Cap and put from a identical donor the same cap. before replace it, i remove all the corrosion on the pad, put the cap on and run a jumper to Pin 1 of the C1212.

Corrosion on Q7700. i replaced it with a same from identical board. and i fix some missing ways missing by the corrosion.

Corrosion on R5350 and R5351. The pads and the Resistors are ok, only resold and recover the pads.

Corrosion On R9753. i recover the pads and replaced the resistor.

Corrosión on C7400, i recover the pad and replace the cap.

So, thing is.. When i finish the fix, still not working. i tried some chargers and nothing. Gotten power on twice after the fix with working backlight and all ok, but when i put the board on the case doesn't work anymore.
taking some measures, a lot of power rails are present, SMC_RESET_L are present. But!. no have any voltaje on the S4 State and S3.
Checking i realize actually does not have PM_SLP_S4_L signal

So, looking whole board this is not present in any part on the board. PM_PCH_PWROK Is not present.
i dont know what to do.

Helpme plz

dukefawks

Administrator
For instant personal support contact me in DM for the $500 per day "personal support plan".

Probably corrosion on one of the common suspects, U1900, U1950, U6100 and termination resistors in the data lines to U6100, corrosion under SMC.

punkieftw

For instant personal support contact me in DM for the $500 per day "personal support plan".

Probably corrosion on one of the common suspects, U1900, U1950, U6100 and termination resistors in the data lines to U6100, corrosion under SMC.

So, what is your suggestion? Reflow smc? i can replace all the components that you mentioned

i can't pay $500 .. my business will be going to bankruptcy :(

dukefawks

Administrator
I suggest you check for corrosion on the parts I mentioned. But it can be corrosion anywhere. You saw where the corrosion was so those would be the first areas to inspect. So crap under U7400 is likely too as C7400 was fucked also inspect traces there.

Repairable

is that face to face?