mpb pro retina late 2013 - generic ASD question

george-a

Hi guys,

I have this mbpr15 here which randomly shuts down and I though Id run some diagnosics first. EFI test was passed with no errors and I am now running the OS part of the test - before the test was available and while it was looking for tests to run, another window was there titled TCON CONFIG UPDATER - which then disappeared.

Any ideas what was that? And if what it updated could be the solution?

The test needs quite some time to finish - I will report back.

br,
george

dukefawks

Administrator
TCON is LCD related and no that will not solve issues. Random shutdowns are the worst, most important is the history of the machine. Does it happen on AC and battery alike? Does it happen when GPU is active?

george-a

unfortunately I had to give it back before thoroughly testing it - I think the guy will buy a new mobo from Apple.

I only managed to run OS ASD a few times only to discover that it crashed at some point (I was not watching so I dont know when exactly) with black screen and fans at high. A big drawback of the ASD tests is that the auto-saving log is not auto-saving after every test module but probably at the end which in this case was never reached.

thanks duke, till the next one.

EDIT: photo uploaded

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
Which version of ASD is this. I am interested in ripping out that TCON updater to see if I can flash EDID over eDP.

george-a

sorry for the late reply, ASD 3S162 (can also be seen on the window bar) - EDIT also if you could explain what you said above :)

Last edited: