[SOLVED]820-2330 Macbook Pro 15" Late 2008 - turn on when long press on button button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan.L

[SOLVED]820-2330 Macbook Pro 15" Late 2008 - turn on when long press on button button.

Hello and Merry Christmas to everyone :)

when shorting the power pads, the fan will spin for 1 sec then stop. But when i shorting the power pads for 5sec+ then it can turn on fine.
ASD EFI and OS passed all tests. i replaced the c7771 even wasn't at fault.

board is not liquid damage. cant see any corrosion under microscope,

R5710 is fine

when i plug the keyboard flex back in, i am not able to perform SMC reset (Magsafe + Left Shift + Control + Option + Power )

SMC_ONOFF_L measured at 3.4v and drop low to 0.3v when i press power.

charging the battery is fine. does same problem when i i use battery power only.
My 85w charger is REAL and i also have tried another 85w charger.

#Edit, can a mod fix my thread title.

cheers!
Alan

Last edited:

Alan.L

hi Duke

R7021 10.5ohm
R7022 10.5ohm
R7051 10.5ohm
R7052 10.5ohm

U7000's CHGR_CSI_P and CHGR_CSI_N is out putting 16.19v - is that normal?
L7030 - 12.59v

should i replace the u7000

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
The resistors are ok, but what about the traces to U7000?

If the fan does not run on full run EFI version of ASD and check sensor issues.

Last edited:

Alan.L

i dont see anything wrong with the traces. all traces are clean and have continuity. EFI ASD has passed all the fan and sensor test.

ehn32d.jpg

Last edited:

dukefawks

Administrator
Try an SMC reset again it should at least work. If you do that it should immediately power off or if charging with orange light it should turn green again. So far I have no idea what this could be, the SMC reset issue can maybe provide some clues.

Alan.L

SMC reset doesn't work but Pram reset is working when i do a long press, it doesn't solve the issue. :/

Last edited:

Alan.L

oh i didnt know i needed a battery for SMC reset to work. manual set and keyboard smc is working but it still didnt fix the main issue.

dukefawks

Administrator
I really have no idea at this point. Press on U9600 and see if it powers on normally. After that try heating the MCP (100C) and see if that helps.

Alan.L

weird. board seems to fixed it self after i poke around the u7000 ic with a multimeter. all i did was measuring pin 17 and 16 and press power button at the same time. then next i know was turning on with 1 press power button.

i better change the u7000 if this was the culprit !! hope this is a permanent fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.