[SOLVED]820-2850A shorted out on the u7000

nate8organic

Hi just got a computer in from a customer. he said he was changing the battery and left his screwdriver on the board it touched pin 17 on the u7000 and he said it was cherry hot by the time he found it. the chip was fried and the tab pulled up i reconnected the tab and replaced the u7000 but every time i plug in the charger it starts to fry the power io and the charger. any ideas?

Many thanks
Nate

nate8organic

okay yeah the F7040 i changed out and its no longer burning up the power io. i get a green light now. but no fan or power. is it possible the u7000 i changed out got fried again from the f7040?

Thanks for the help aprendiz

aprendiz

Resistance between pin 27 and 28 should be 20ohm and between pin 17 and 18 should be about 3ohm, check again.... Also check voltage on pin 3 from U7000...

nate8organic

Yeah no i def did not have it soldered good. checked it out real quick and one of the tabs was not connected. cleaned it up and re seated it and alls good. Thanks for the help Aprendiz and thanks for dropping in duke, that answered a questions i had about using a dif ISL.

Thanks again!