[SOLVED]820 2936 - Green light not turning ON! PPBUS - 13.2V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noguinfor

Hey,

no liquid damage this board, but already touched the components in other storage..

PPBUS_G3H = 13.2V
PP3V42_G3H = 3.4v

SMC_BC_ACOK= 3.3v

Pin 17/18 u7000: 3.1 Ohms

Pin 27/28 u7000: 21.5 Ohms

R7005:20.1 Ohms

Any suggestion -?

dukefawks

Administrator
13.2V is not good. You sure about that? Should not be higher than 12.6V. But it should power on regardless, the usual PP3V3_S5? PPVRTC? Inspect for pre-fucked damage.

Noguinfor

no orange light. PPVRTC = 3.3V, PP3V3_S5 = 3.3V ..the beginning i change u7000 and the machine start with battery but after that don't start anymore.. SMC bypass?

smiba

Make sure U7000 is good then, if you truely have 13.2V PPBUS_G3H probably something is not alright in that area. Check it

Voltage of PM_SLEEP_S4_L?

Noguinfor

it was PM_SLEEP_S4_L.. But now, i change u7000 for one i know is good and

PPBUS_G3H = unstable 1V - 3V,

PP3V42_G3H = 3.5v

i checked 2 times if the u7000 is well soldering!

Noguinfor

I can explain.. I was not sure that the U7000 chip was good. I paid 15 euros for 2 u7000 to make sure that what I was getting this good. I just had the bad luck not to soldering well.. I have now soldered the component well and now I can see PPBUS_G3H 12.3V .. now i know the problem is the SMC!

smiba

Are you sure the issue is the SMC? Because you're getting a green light so the SMC is atleast doing something.

You can't really properly conclude if the SMC is working based on the PPBUS_G3H voltage since your measurements haven't been the most accurate so far. Making it unsure if we're just looking at a lower PPBUS voltage or a inaccurate reading. (Are your batteries in your multimeter in need of a replacement?)
You can try to reflow it I guess, though.

What are the voltages of: PP3V3_S5, PP5V_S5, PP3V3_S4 now?

Last edited:

smiba

So PP3V3_S4 is present, is it the right voltage? How about S0 power lines, how are they doing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.