[SOLVED]820-3332 TW0P Sensor Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

iambehr

Hello,

This board has no liquid damage. It had intermittent kernel panics and shutdowns until I addressed bad solder joints at U8900.
It is failing diagnostics with sensor error TW0P, which I think is airport proximity temp. Fans do not spin on high, however.
I checked for 3.3V at U5523 and U5570. Replaced U5570 to test, no changes to behavior. Checked data lines SMBUS_SMC_1_S0_SDA and SCL, no oscilloscope available but fluctuations on those lines indicate that there is some kind of modulation (data?) on those lines.
Any thoughts? Replacing U5523 will be a pain due to connectors in that area, would it be better to bottom heat?
Or is it the SMC?

Thanks,

Stefan

iambehr

If there is not enough information, or if I am being an idiot, please feel free to let me know as well. I'll take any chance to learn!

iambehr

Please mark post as resolved. Replaced U5523 and the issue was resolved. I looked at it under high magnification and the top looked a little funny.. almost like a chip was taken out of the top of it.
Pain in the neck to replace that particular component surrounded by the fan, IO board, and wifi connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.