[SOLVED]820-4924 Not charging/recognising battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALB-Repairs

Hi, I seem to be in 'brain off modee' again, so ill ask here.

820-4924 runs of a battery however states no battery installed. Sometimes it recognises the battery at 99% but that quickly changes to 'service battery' and then a cross.

Ive tried a new battery. SDA jumps from 3.42V to 0V then back to 3.42V in a really strange manor. D7050 replaced, no change, ISL6259 replaced No change, SMC replaced no change. Battery connector removed to check for corrosion and was clean. Pull up resistor checked and is fine, Traces to the pullup resistor checked with no issues.

Scratching my head a bit, What am i missing?

dukefawks

Administrator
If you have seen service battery, my suspect would be the "new" battery. Besides that everything has been done that can be done.

dukefawks

Administrator
There is nothing else to this. Something you checked is not ok or it is an issue inside the board. I doubt R7050 will be the problem. Was this liquid?

ALB-Repairs

Think the board was cleaned before it got to me, it was really clean with no signs of liquid. I looked at the pullups under a microscope and noticed a micro break between a probe point and the SDA trace that runs to the SMC i cut the mask of the trace with a razor blade and used 0.1mm magnet wire to solder directly to the trace.

All working now. Knew i was missing something stupid aha.

Status
Not open for further replies.