[SOLVED]iPhone SE - Drawing Power While Switched off (Water Damage)

techgeeksna

Hi all, im new to iphone and macbook board repair. So far managed to sort out a few water damaged iphone boards. But got 1 in store today with a problem i havent seen before.

Its an iphone se with water damage. Long story short water bottle leaked into a bag with the phone in. Client put the phone on a heater and next day in rice. Apparently the phone switched on the next day but only worked for about 20minutes. I've disassembled the phone and water damage doesnt seem to be bad, the board is pretty clean except near battery connector and next to lcd connector but nothing that cant be cleaned. After some cleaning (and yes i took off the shields) the phone is powering on but wont go past apple logo. What i realized thats strange to me is even when the phone is powered off its drawing about 0.12/13 A. Any idea what this could be?

Im pretty much a noob at reading schematics but ill take my best shot should i be pointed in that direction.

dukefawks

Administrator
A current leak from VCC main somewhere. This could be anywhere where VCC main goes, so audio, backlight, PMC chip, etc. No quick easy solutions for this stuff. You saw the original corrosion and that would probably have pointed to the affected chip, I hope you made pictures or have a good memory.

techgeeksna

Thanks for the assistance dukefawks, turned out to be faulty U_QPOET_RF , which is the power amplifier power supply chip. No more current leak :):):)​​​​​​​