[SOLVED]missing PM_SLP_S4_L on 820-2330

Fizzl92

Hello,
first of all sorry for my bad english ;). I have a Problem with an older 820-2330. It has a green light on the charger but didn´t turn on. I short the pads on R5015 but nothing happens. Than i checked the Powerrails and PPV5_S3 is 0V (everything til there was fine). I followed this path to U7201. Vin of U7201 is 12,6V, Vref is 1,9V, Entrip2 is 0,7V (i guess thats ok) and Entrip1 is 0V. (PP3V3_S3 on right side of U7201 is there) I followed Entrip1 to U7210 and came to the conclusion, that i need PM_SLP_S4_L to get Entrip1 pass U7210. Pin 5 (PM_SLP_S4_L) is 0V. Than i checked if PP1V05_S5_MCP turns the MCP on and it´s reading is 1,1V. U7750 and C7771 seem to be fine to. I can´t see any waterdamage or other visible damage on the board. At this point i don´t know where to look next. It would be realy great if someone could give me an advice what to check next in a case like this.
Best regards
Felix

dukefawks

Administrator
Doe PM_PWRBTN_L toggle when you short the power pads?
Oh and the obvious one, are you using a REAL GENUINE APPLE 85W charger?

Fizzl92

Thank you for your fast reply! I´ll check this on monday and let you know. Charger should be original. I have 3 different, i´ll check that also

Fizzl92

Hello,
the charger is original apple. I don´t know why but in the moment as i was measuring and shorting the pads at the same time PM_PWRBTN_L droped from 3,4V to 0V and the board srarts to spin the fans and seems to work normally. I shorted the pads many times bevore and noting happend so i have no idea wat fixes it. Is this commom failure and will it have this problem again in near future?
Thank you very much for your help
Felix