[SOLVED]QFN broken pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Hello everyone, i have a motherboard (not apple) to fix, i need to change a QFN package IC but it was so burned that it took a trace with it, how can i fix this situation and/or solder a jumper wire to that qfn in order to restore the trace? thank you guys

hgitfP8.jpg

Last edited:

aprendiz

Solder the IC and use a small wire from the pin on the IC to the trace..... You can use magnet wire or pre-tinned wire, lately I'm using the wire inside USB cable from phones, it is pre-tinned.....

Nick

but this IC has pads ONLY under it, there isn't the classic tiny "bend" on the side like Mac's ISLs. i am gonna try to solder a wire under it and then solder the ic in place hoping the wire doesn't move too much. Also nice tip for the wire! thank you

dukefawks

Administrator
There is also enough "pad" on the side of the chip to solder a wire to, does not even need to go under it really.

Nick

I am a lazy cheap fuck and I ended up fixing the donor board instead of the original one. I Still bought a brand new chip and I am gonna try to solder it on the weekend for "fun" and training

Status
Not open for further replies.