Upgrading or repairing ram on macbook air video

dukefawks

Administrator
There are also a bunch of strapping resistors for the RAM size/vendor. Fixing a RAM error is fine, upgrading is just madness.

Alan.L

I havent thought about that. These chips are no way close enough for that to happen.:eek: Maybe thats why i failed sometime.

peterfixit

ok for a macbook with 4 chips i can see this working, however im a bit confused about "ram of macbook is bound with bios and cpu, so we need to change bios and restore", does he mean take off the efi chip and copy the ME onto a new chip and solder back and then restore? I think there is stuff missing from this video

ok for a macbook with 4 chips i can see this working, however im a bit confused about "ram of macbook is bound with bios and cpu, so we need to change bios and restore", does he mean take off the efi chip and copy the ME onto a new chip and solder back and then restore? I think there is stuff missing from this video

i think ram is not bound to bios or cpu, recently i replaced 16 ram chips on 2011 11" air and its working fine, i took those replacement chips from 2gb ddr3 ram stick for laptops.