What is with 020-00079

arash

It seems like every single 020-00079 that i get to touch stops to work all of a sudden.
they all have similar symptoms, full charge(12v) on direct battery pins, but after the battery controller board it is down to ZERO.
Do these batteries have a kill-switch that kills the controller as soon as the battery is disconnected? all these batteries are in top condition and from almost brand new laptops who have had other problems(Ram error for one, EFI chip another one and a broken port on another one).

Any ideas?

dukefawks

Administrator
No idea, but when anything happens with the battery it sets a permanent failure flag and the FETs on the battery board are switched off. Also the status in the OS will go to "replace now"

I have an A1398 2015 here with liquid damage and a dead battery. Now waiting on a replacement, will report the outcome.

arash

The OS doesn't even see them, doesn't even recognize nothing. really weird for me, tomorrow a customer is bringing me YET another mid-2015 with battery that is not being recognized

arash

no the laptops work with new batteries. It is a specific problem with this specific mid 2015 battery.