What the forum has done for me

Modder1

So far the forum for me has been a huge bargain. It gave me the confidence to take on MacBook repairs. I got at least two completed and one I think is done but will know more tomorrow when I put it back together. I have been doing these in my spare time at the store.
here is my jobs so far
1. MacBook got lucky and after ultrasonic it only needed a keyboard.
2. Macbook air needed one resistor changed and the airport card. I don't know what the resistor was but first I changed airport and it didn't work, then i changed the fucked looking resistor and wifi works! Lucy for this I had donor board and the corrosion made it simple to troubleshoot.
3. This one I had to learn a few things finally like how to measure pubs_g3h, pp3v42_g3h, smc_reset_l, and sec_bc_acok. I had no idea how to find those measurements. I knew how to set the meter but not where to put the probes! n00b I know. Duke then told me to heat the sec but not reflow. I did that and still no green light. Duke said why not try ultrasonic and BAM! I now get green light and fan spin. Tomorrow I will put back together. I did pull one resistor that has something to do with audio that I have to find on a donor. After that I am expecting keyboard and or trackpad to be fucked.

I give my very early experiences to say that I have made the money for at least a year of subscription to the forum. More if I was in the states, I am using canadian pesos so it cost me around $41 a month. So fucking worth it! I am super appreciative to everyone who has helped me. I thank Louis for creating this forum and making the videos. When i stumbled on to one of his vids about a year ago I was beginning there was no one like me doing repairs. I work with cell phones and see all the trash in that business that shop owners put out. They just don't give two shits a lot of them. Then of course I found Jessa and a few others online and it has made me quite pleased that there are others who actually care. I wish I would have had the balls to take on MacBook repair a year ago when I found Louis' videos. Like many others I was more tuning in at that point for the business rants as there were many similarities between cell and laptop repair and the daily happenings in the store; from my point of view anyhow.

I am lucky to have been in the position to be able to buy the better hot air and iron and spend a bit on some other randoms like a bench top multimeter and oscilloscope etc for myself. I also am lucky to be in the position to NOT have to rely on this as my sole money maker but more of a thing that I just want to learn as that is what I enjoy about repairs. Just figuring it out. Fortunately it is a WHOLE LOT easier with this forum. I won't have to go through the struggles in order to start building a knowledge base like I did with cell phone repair. For that I give many thanks!

I know this is a long post so I will stop here, but I could easily go on.