X55VD no power

MDY

Asus X55VD
KBC: IT8517

I have 3V at power button. They goes to 0V when press power.
It charges main battery, altought I have only 3V there and goes up.
I dont have any schamatic for IT8517 so cannot check if powrtbtn# goes from KBC to PCH. Is there any schematic that I can use?

MDY

No liquid spill. This board have 6 leds. All are off with battery or ac adapter.

I have 19V at B+ main rail after both mosfets.
BVAT (battery rail) - 2.71V with battery and ac adapter.
BVAT (battery rail) - 3V with ac adapter.

BQ24725 - pin5 = 2.98V

dukefawks

Administrator
So why do you tell me the battery is charging then?
First suspect would be the BIOS at this point. Read the old one and upload it here.

aurel476

lot of laptop Asus at my work have this problem. I am often able to resolve it by flashing the bios.

Duke how is this possible that many laptop, Acer, Asus ... have this problem ?
Intel me region caused this issue and why

MDY what is model of motherboard and rev ? i have bios dump

dukefawks

Administrator
Just use his original and merge it with the Asus update. Unless you have access to Asus SIP, there you can download the complete BIOS with clean ME.

MDY

Bios was missing... I dont know how... I found a bios for this model and I put a new winbond 8MB chip and firmware.
Now I have:

vbat: 10.7V with battery
vbat: 11.40V with battery and ac adapter.

Still doesnot power. All 6 leds are still off. I know you will say somebody tocuh it. Goes to the trash, but I still want to try something.

MDY

Ok, will replace KBC and then goes to the trash.
What I am not sure is, if KBC is dead this could be the reason that all 6 leds are off?

MDY

I checked several schematics and I have noticed that all leds come from KBC. So if charging leds are off this mean there is a problem with battery charger/KBC/BIOS. Is that correct?

dukefawks

Administrator
Probably, but who knows. Save yourself the headache and $10 of a KBC and buy a working board for $80, problem solved.

MDY

I dont repair for end customer and my top price for most cases is 100$ for laptops like Asus. Should try something before.