This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED]820-2915-a no power, no green light

this board works with a third party charger, found that out when fixing it, but does not turn on with a genuine apple charger, green light comes on for a split second then goes off. my guess is that the U7000
    is not recognizing the charger, but im at a loss on how to check what has went out . because the charger wont turn on, all i get is 1-2v anywhere, this board came in with a dead mag-safe, blown f6905, blown off the board c9000. replaced it all and it worked with my third party charger that at the time i didn't know was a third party charger. "replaced the charger with a genuine charger already"

First suspects are R7005/21/22, Q7080/85. I assume PPBUS is 12.56V with the fake charger.

Comment

wish i had a fake charger still, we got rid of it once we found out it was fake, the customer fried theirs using a fake charger.

i will test voltages at thoes locations tomorrow when i get back into work

Comment

They are useful for trouble shooting.

Comment

changed out u7000 with a board that has a bad gpu, but still powers, still nothing, tho i was confused, i removed u7000 and the green light still comes on on the bad gpu board. yet on the board im working on it wont come on. i dont have a fake charger to test it out. what am i missing?

is there a way to test Q7080?

Comment

Uhm, take the board with the bad GPU to Apple for a free repair.....
            Get a fake charger for trouble shooting.

Comment

if u7000 is removed what makes the green light still come on? my problem lies there

Comment

ACOK is not being pulled low by U7000. Is 3V42 present now?

Comment

with or without u7000 i get no 3v42 power , green light for one second then it goes off, and wont come back on unless i leave it unpluged for a few min

Comment

Short on PPDCIN, 3V42? Also remove F7040/41 without U7000 you risk getting the full adapter voltage on PPBUS!!

Comment

the mac works with a third party charger, at least it did, if i had a short wouldnt it never have worked? it i remove the fuses 7040 and 7041 i shouldnt get any power since PPBUS_G3H would be disconnected to the system.

Comment

Last time, get a fake charger for trouble shooting. Then we can go further with this.

Comment

Remove F6905. Place 18.5v from a real bench power supply on pin 2 of F6905. Then plug known good 85w charger in with known good dc in board. If it works, Q7080 is bad.

If you do as duke says and get a knockoff charger this will be easier to troubleshoot.

Comment

ok so even putting in 18.5v in on pin 2 of f6905 and plugging in the 85w apple charger, did not give a green light. i do have a fake charger on its way, praying its fake, spending less than 20$ on it and it has no apple logo. lol, is their any more testing i can do before the new charger arrives?

Comment

When you put 18.5V in the system the 3V42 bus should at least come high.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X