thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

Guys is this the chip or some kind of capacitor? Mid 2010 15 inch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dukefawks
    replied
    Pull and reball, preferably a chip from a donor board.

Leave a comment:

• arash
    replied
    After heating to 220 there is no picture anymore, boots and you can hear the OS running but no picture at all, any idea?

Leave a comment:

• dukefawks
    replied
    If it really heated till 210 nothing will happen. Lead free solder needs 220

Leave a comment:

• arash
    replied
    Originally posted by larossmann View Post
    I've gotten by with reflowing it but you must be very careful to not get any of that rubberish junk on the side under the chip. I bake the board at 300f for a half hour before removing that stuff and do the reflow while it is still warm from toaster oven.
    Yes that what we did in the end, removed the rubber junk(what purpose does it even serve?) and heated the chip up to 210 degrees using a BGA machine, it's working fine now let's see what happens.
    Some chinese guy is selling the balled chip on ebay, i bought two let's see if they are worth it.

Arash

Leave a comment:

• larossmann
    replied
    I've gotten by with reflowing it but you must be very careful to not get any of that rubberish junk on the side under the chip. I bake the board at 300f for a half hour before removing that stuff and do the reflow while it is still warm from toaster oven.

Leave a comment:

• dukefawks
    replied
    Yes U9600. First pull one on a scrap board and see if you even want to attempt this.

Leave a comment:

• arash
    replied
    What do you guys mean by GMUX? the U9600?

Leave a comment:

• dukefawks
    replied
    MUX issue and of course change C9560 while you are at it.

Leave a comment:

• arghhh
    replied
    C9560 10char

Leave a comment:

• ALB-Repairs
    replied
    Reball the Gmux, horrible job. Its super unlikely to be a bad chip on 820-2850 boards.

Leave a comment:

• Gurmon
    replied
    Is the laptop crashing ?

Leave a comment:

• Guys is this the chip or some kind of capacitor? Mid 2010 15 inch

photo attached

thread bottom ad

Collapse
Working...
X