thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-3435 PPDCIN_G3H with continuity to ground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820-3435 PPDCIN_G3H with continuity to ground

hello , im working on this 820-3435 board 11.6 inch laptop , and I was trying to remove this short , but , I already remove all the nets on that line even the conector for the dc inboard , and still I cant get rid of this short. thank you for your help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81kmdfdLuag

have fun!!!

This will suck. Just take everything off that line and run it on your own.

Comment

i was getting kinda exited to try something like that but then I check and PPBUS_3GH has a short too , then I inject voltage 1.6v and I find the part of the board that was getting hot , man damn it , one of the screwholes is fucked , I remember when I start taking out the board from the laptop I saw a screw that was to big for that position but I didn't pay attention on that moment , im going to take a picture tomorrow to show it here , I belive the short is on that screw hole it look a little destroy like is missing a little piece of board , I check under microscope another board and yea that give the truth , this was fucked for a screw , was clean from all water damage before that board get to my hands and then when they put it back they put the wrong screw and now I belive is beyond my skills im letting go this board....

Louis with your power you think if a board like that get into your hands you will be able to rebuild it? I know you will not do it because of the 20 minutes rule , but you think is possible build your own PPBUS_3GH?

Comment

Carefully grind out the screw hole. This should clear the short between the layers.

Comment

it would make a fun challenge in a world where I had more than two employees and just me for fixing boards. but in reality.. no time to figure that out.

Comment

I did grind the screw hole , but short still there, maybe I didn't grind enough? , is there any video with and example of grinding a screw hole to remove a short? thank you!

Comment

You have to do it very careful and slow else you will still be mashing the layers together. I use a very thin round file for stuff like this. Do not put pressure on the file, just use it's weight and go very slow.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X