thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

820-3209 Kernal panics and runs like garbage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 820-3209 Kernal panics and runs like garbage.

I have 2 3209's here. both from the same customer, Both came in with bad backlights, Both Core i7 2.0GHZ/8GB boards.

Both shut down frequently and have high kernal task.
    Both pass ASD EFI, and internal diagnosis. I have been using techtools pro to test them in OSX, all sensors are reading correctly, however the machines shut down during the Memory test in tech tools.

Not sure where to go from here. Anyone seen this before? Ive had issues with 2012 airs doing weird crap like this previously.

BIOS messed with? Serial numbers match the bottom cases?
    These boards are pretty garbage with RAM issues and PCH issues

Comment

Bottom cases are probably not the same but its from a company that often switches shells around.
      Its passed the ME region presence in ASD EFI, Is that not enough? i guess i could reflash them.

Yeah, i feel like there going to start giving me a 1.1v v-core/no post symptom soon enough.

Comment

If it passes the chipset test then the ME is ok. Why was the backlight bad?

Comment

Originally posted by dukefawks View Post
          If it passes the chipset test then the ME is ok. Why was the backlight bad?
          Both of them had liquid damage, both only around the lp8550 though, corrosion on them was minimal. With the kernal task being high i really want it to be a bad sensor but they pass ASD EFI and all other sensor tests ive ran

Comment

Using the correct A1405 battery and battery is known good?

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X