820-3435-B DC in board flex

VirtualLife

Hi, just wondering that what could be wrong with this 820-3435-B Board. It had pp3v42_g3h si i fixed it, after that i connected everything and it started workin. Green light and everything but after minutes it turned off. No green light or orange, anyways i took off the dc in board flex cable that is connected to board and it started working again. What could be wrong?

bjf

The only good answer is you need to have known-good test DC boards and cables for Airs. It'll cost you about $30 total. Too many variables otherwise. Those cables love to fail too so your case just sounds like a bad cable. Sadly, I haven't really seen too much in the way of schematics and board views for those DC-In boards, but they do exist.

larossmann

Administrator
Staff member
If you really care to fuck with this you can replace the onewire circuit on the dc in board itself and run SMC_BC_ACOK, SYS_ONEWIRE, and PP3V42_G3H over to the onewire circuit manually.

Open the schematic for an 820-3115 and look up U6900 and U6901, and the pullup resistor on SYS_ONEWIRE and look at their physical appearance on the motherboard.

Then look closely at your DC in board for your air. See? Same thing.

I have, for people who were absolutely too impatient to wait for the fucking dc in board/dc in board flex to arrive, just ran magnet wire from the motherboard over to the dc in board. You can do it too if you don't have the cable or a new dc in board. Just "fix" the dc in board that you have.

This rules oe ut bad dc in board, dc in flex, and dc in connector on the actual motherboard.