thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

When change a MacBook battery ? My experience.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When change a MacBook battery ? My experience.

Hi everyone,

I would like to know from your experiences when do you change the battery of a MacBook. Apple recommends to change it after 1000 cycles, but personally I wait until the battery completely stop working normally (shut down the MacBook immediately after unplug, or at 30-50 %). Do you know if I take a risk by doing this (for the DC-in board, the logic board, battery swelling, or even set the MacBook in fire) ?

This is important for me, because when a client ask me for battery replacement because he MacBook tell him "replace now" the battery, I recommend him to go to Apple orI offer to change it for a second hand battery, because as you now It's hard to find new original battery. But I would like to know if I can recommend him to keep his battery until it stop working normally.

On chinese "new" batterys :
    https://www.rossmanngroup.com/boards/forum/board-repair-troubleshooting/36691-a1398-2012-shutdown-at-40-battery-discharged
    Last edited by Adan; 09-13-2018, 10:51 AM.

Truthfully depends what model it is. Lots of the Retinas have garbage for replacement batteries, so an older battery is often better than a "new" piece of s**t.

Comment

change when the MacBook tell you to. so don't bother changing unless it says "replace now"," replace soon" and "not charging"

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Same. Original battery with a ton of cycles still might be more reliable than an aftermarket.
          I like to try to buy original pulls that are graded A or B (for remaining capacity. Getting hard to find, however.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X