820-3662-A No Screen but backlight

blob810

Hello community,

i read a lot of interesting threads the last days here and i decided to register myself and i hope someone can help me with a Macbook Pro 15" mid 2014.

From one day to the other the macbook wont start. I unplugged the battery, ssd and pressed the power button for 15 seconds. Then I connected everything again and the macbook started, but the internal display stays black. I checked the mainboard and saw that the capacitor C7333 was broken. I replaced it with a new one, but still no picture on the screen, but backlight. I can start the device with an external monitor but only when the lid is closed or when i unplug the internal lcd from the board. I tested also another lcd - same problem.

On L8300 Pin 2 has 5V when chiming.
J8300 Pin 9 has 2,8V.

Any tips.

Thank you.

blob810

first, thanks for your fast reply.

screen is completly black, apple logo is shining so backlight is on.
capslock and usb activity working.

i measure when i´m at home:)

JohnB8812

Oh I see I missed that. Definitely no question mark folder without the SSD plugged in? If so, I would say try another BIOS for testing first.

blob810

I searched for the FL830x coils. And I think I found the problem. FL8303 is not there. Its cracked in the middle on both lines. Does anyone can give the part number of it to order or a comparable coil.

blob810

That was the main failure. I placed some tiny wires on it and it worked for when i tested it. Then i want to resolder the wires because i was not happy with it. Now i have no backlight. I measured on the C7715-C7717 and i have 0V on it.

Edit: On F7700 i have my 12V

Edit: On Q7706
Pin 1 - 0V
Pin 2 - 0V
Pin 3 - 12V
Pin 4 - 12V
Pin 5 - 0V
Pin 6 - 0V

Last edited:

blob810

I already disconnected the wires which i soldered on the board to restore the state when backlight was working.
I measured with connected LCD.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
If you didn't touch anything else, check again FL8303 pads.
Be sure no low resistance to ground.
Post voltage for J8300, pins 28-30, 9.

blob810

FL8303 pads are lost, so the last parts in this data lines are C8327 and C8326. I try to figure out why the backlight is not present anymore. After that i´ll solder the the wires back to bridge the FL8303.
On J8300 i pin 28-30 i have 4.4V and on Pin 9 only 1.8V.

Last edited:

blob810

5V without display, but it´s working now again.
I put the wires back between C8326 <-> R8318 and C8326 <-> R8317 and now it´s working with only lcd and board.
I put tonight everything together in the housing and will report. Thank you.

blob810

Is there a reason why i have only 4.4V on Pins 28-30 when lcd is connected and working? At the same time i have 5V on L8300 on both pins.