Mac Air A1466 2017 661-08140

karim

I have Mac Air A1466 2017 661-08140 with liquid spill. Fan running high all the time, I believe sensor issue. 1) Can anyone help with the BV and schematic for this model ?

JohnB8812

It's an 820-00165 same as the 2015 board. Have you ruled out the trackpad, trackpad flex, I/O Board, I/O Cable, battery, and webcam as causes of the high fan speed? Run HWMonitor as well to see if any sensors report as bad.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Where was the liquid spill?
Usually trackpad issue; try known good board and flex.
Sometime caused by LIO board/flex.
On the MLB are various temp sensors too.
Depending which temps are reported with bad values in HWMonitor, you can make an idea about where to start...

karim

It's an 820-00165 same as the 2015 board. Have you ruled out the trackpad, trackpad flex, I/O Board, I/O Cable, battery, and webcam as causes of the high fan speed? Run HWMonitor as well to see if any sensors report as bad.

Thanks John, Yes I removed the board completly from the laptop and only the FAN , heat sink and the I/O board is connected. When I plug the adapter there is no light and the fan start spinning loud.

karim

Where was the liquid spill?
Usually trackpad issue; try known good board and flex.
Sometime caused by LIO board/flex.
On the MLB are various temp sensors too.
Depending which temps are reported with bad values in HWMonitor, you can make an idea about where to start...

2informaticos the liquid was every where .. corrosion around the SMC , I/O cable need replacement , corrosion around U7600 , U5800 etc ... I cleaned the impacted area. This has few Proximity sensor and all look clean. Q5810, Q5830, Q5860 , Q5820 , Q5840 , Q5850

The laptop will boot but very slow, fan is loud and no light on the adapter. I am going to order new I/O board .. but do you think this can cause the FAN issue / sensor issue ?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You had lot of sensors affected by corrosion; this is no good at all.
HWMonitor can help you, if shows strange temperatures.
But you must be sure of good contacts between MLB and LIO.
Check the flex and both connectors too.

JohnB8812

You have to have a good I/O board and cable as well as a known good trackpad and cable to measure sensors outside the housing otherwise fans will always go to max. My guess is liquid affected a sensor too, but you need known good parts first.