820-4924 It takes 25 seconds to chime and turns off at 40 econds

At first problem looks like a no turning on, becasu it takes for ever to chime, and fan don?t spin immediately. It actually chime after 25 seconds, always.
After that you get the apple logo and then the password screen, but only for a few seconds, because it turns off. Actually PPVcore and S0 rails turn off, I have 5V S3 and 3.3V S3, didn?t mesaure other lines.
Fan never spins, but board never gets hot. And in the fan conector I have 5V before it turns off.

No liquid damage, boards looks really nice under the microscope.

What should I try next, SMC, RAM, CPU?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Fan starts very late on this board.
CPU needs to get really hot first.

Do few PRAM reset first.
But you should to clean ME region in BIOS.
Better to test with full new BIOS, with clean ME of course...

I download a Bios, but with the one I download, the SSD don't work.
If I start with linux with USB it starts and never turn off, but with Mac OS in a USB it just loads forever, it doesn't turn off, but gets stuck in loading screen with the apple logo.

Do you have a BIOS I can try with this machine.

Thanks for the Bios.

With your Bios, the Macbook chime inmediatelly and stay on, but didn't recognize any OS, the original SSD of the Macbook, shows the carpet question symbol, other good SSD shows the prohibition symbol.
But if I start with a USB stick with the installer it boots up, and in the utility disk it shows the SSD.

So I erase and isntall High Sierra in one of my test SSD, with that the machine now works fine. I upgrade firmware and install Mojave in my SSD, still works fine. My plan is to backup his info and erase and install all in his SSD,

So now I need to install a Bios with the serial number of the Macbbok.
Is my first time doing this, any other step, after editing the bios with the serial number?

Sorry the ignorance, can you give me the the address of the blocks I have to copy, I ussually just search for the serial and change it.

Thanks, I copy those sector to the BIOS, after that didn?t recognize the OS, it recognize the SSD.
So I put my test SSD, and install Mojave to the Macbook. And now it detect all my SSD and SO. My guess is the installation writes something to the BIOS that gets lost or corruted when I change something in the BIOS.

At the end costumer is happy, thanks again you can mark as solved.