820-00165 No camera detected

overshoot

MacBook Air came up with liquid damage near clock/bios chip, not starting.
This is 2017 model with 1.8Ghz, 8GB RAM.

Bios was already replaced by the previous shop with a 2015 bios version. Came back unfixed.
Clock chip area was seriously messed up by liquid. I had to run many wires and replace the clock chip and got the board to start.

Now I am not getting no camera detected and that's usually the symptom of a bad ME Region. I did try 3 times to clean ME but apparently with no success.
I am not great with cleaning ME region usually so it's possible that my Bios is still messy.
Could someone upload one version of a 2017 version 820-00165 Bios with a clean ME please?

Since the clock area was messed, I've checked for continuity on PP1V2_CAM_XTALPCIEVDD but it's fine.
I am getting the CAM_SENSOR_WAKE_L and CAMERA_PWR_EN at 3.3V and I've checked different rails near the Broadcom chip and they all seem to be present.

I need to rule out first the ME region issue so please share a clean dump if you have one.
Thanks.

SMMRepair

2informaticos Quick question regarding Medusa; can it repair/clean a BIOS properly if it's not the original to the board? In other words, this OP says board came in with BIOS already replaced, so the BIOS original to the board is lost/unavailable. In my experience with boards that have no iSight post-ME-cleaning, it's impossible to resolve without original BIOS/ME/FSYS. Can Medusa resolve this? If so, would you mind shooting me a message quickly? I have a few questions I'd like to ask you about Medusa, since you're experienced with it. :)

overshoot

Hi,

as SMMrepair said, bios was replaced by a 2015 non original one. I won?t be able to find it back.
can you help?

Are you the one who did design Medusa by the way?

overshoot

Thanks but none worked properly.

1st one won't even turn on the machine. Fan spins but no image, brain dead, even after SMC reset. PRAM won't work.
2nd one, I can't even get the USB ports to detect my external drives. I've tried 2 different ones.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
I try to do it today.
I downloaded the file, but didn't have time to work on it.
In the meantime, can you confirm if the machine start at least with that file?

overshoot

Ok, thanks for getting back.
Yes I can confirm that with a dump from a different 2017 board will turn on and load OS. Just general ME region issues like camera...

However I am not using this dump (this one was taken from Ghostlyhaks) but another dump from a known working board that I have as a spare.
I'll share it with you tomorrow so please don't work on this one yet.

overshoot

Thanks!

Camera is still not detected. Possibly it's a camera issue (not the camera itself as I've tested it already with a different board)?
How can I confirm the ME Region is fine despite the camera being not detected please?