No internal Microphone after installing High Sierra

EsteTron

Couldn't really find the appropriate list to put this under but thought this was as close as it got. Something we've noticed lately, and wanted to see if anyone else did as well, was when we've been installing High Sierra it seems like the microphone no longer works. This has happened on multiple computers and even on ones where we did not take out the board or touch it at all. Curious to know if this is a known/common issue and if so is there any resolve aside from an external microphone? Is there a new setting we have to adjust or whatever. We're really perplexed on this issue.

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
Built-in Microphone is recognized in System Report?
Does it work with external USB OSX, like El Capitan?

EsteTron

Hi, 2informaticos.Thanks for getting back to me. I looked further into it and it appears that in most of the instances we have had where the built in microphone does not work, it is being recognized in System Report and works in Facetime, but does not work in PhotoBooth. I am still looking in to this and hoping it has been just a coincidence with the MacBooks we have installed High Sierra on to. We even created a clean installer just to rule out a bad install. I will try to keep this updated.