82-3437 Green light goes off

Hi everyone.
Somewhat stumped on an a1466 with the 820-3437 board.
Laptop came in with some general signs of liquid damage, I reflowed some of the worse looking areas with flux to clean them, then ran board through the ultrasonic.
Now the laptop powers on fine with my power supply, but on official magsafe, the green light comes on for 1 second, then turns off and the computer does not boot.
Would appreciate some help if anyone has had this issue before

Have checked my dc board, flex and charger, same combo gets green light on a different 3437 board.
D7012 looks good on visual inspection.
Have tried replacing Q7180 but get the same behaviour. I think you're onto something regarding the leakage, because the official charger is protecting itself by lowering dcin voltage

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
"D7012 looks good on visual inspection."
I will also like to have an eye which inspect in diode mode...

Post exact values for R7012, R7180/81 and R7185/86; measured onboard, ohm scale.

haha, sorry about that, I should've checked the diode. It measures 0.78v one way and OL the other on diode mode

R7012 is 67.6k
R7180/81 is 100k and 62.1k respectively
R7185/86 is 0.468M and 0.333M respectively.
They all seem to be the right value according to the schematic

Thank you for taking the time to help

weirdly the board has now decided to work with the magsafe, even though it wasn't working last night after changing Q7180.
I'm going to put it back in the laptop and run a few tests.
Any idea what the problem might've been?

so...
Overall the board seems to boot into the os fine and mostly works, but for some reason it tells me no serial number is available, which stops me from running the built-in diagnostics.
Should I dump the bios or is the problem somewhere else?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
That is BIOS issue.
Easy to solve with Medusa programmer.
If you don't have it, then upload original BIOS somewhere along with serial number needed to put in.

yes, sorry, I don't have a medusa yet. No wonder there's no serial, I opened the bios dump in hex and there's no FSYS region.
I had a go at editing a clean me 3437 file using instructions from the forum, and I got the serial to show right and the usual things like webcam work fine, but still if you could fix the original dump with the medusa I'd appreciate it.
here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1o_...ZCpD4ziyLzB-YP
the serial on the casing is C02M55X1F5V8

Could I also get you to help me with another 3437 bios at the same time? This one wasn't booting before, but now it boots fine with a clean me bios. If you could transfer the serial from the bad bios to the clean one that would be awesome, they're both in this folder:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Xn...nggcuEh6DjDhj0

The second one came in very dirty, after ultrasonic it would get fan spin, vcore, but no picture, no usb activity, no brain.

Both the bioses worked perfectly. Thank you very much as always