820-01521 No Power after water damage

tlough75

So I got this one in, had water spilled onto it around the power button. hooked up to Apple original USB-C charger and cable and found to be at 5V and 10mA. took logic board out, disconnected audio flex from audio board and logic board and found all of the ground pins on the cable and the audio board melted. After looking at the board view, I see that PPBUS_G3H is next to all of the ground pins so I assume the water shorted PPBUS to ground and burned up all of the ground pins as well as the PPBUS Pin in a violent fashion. The connector on the logic board is fine, in fact the logic board had no signs of water or other damage. I assume this will be a common failure in this model no? Any way after taking the logic board out it still shows 5V but the current goes from 10 to 20 then 40, all they way up to 90mA and then the USB-C meter turns of then back on repeating the cycle. PPBUS is at 12.31V and the fuse is in tact of course.

tlough75

I put it back together except for the audio flex obviously. I noticed when I plugged in the battery and hooked up to USB-C charger that it shows 19.8V at 2.3A. The T2 chip gets very hot. It looks to me like the reason things fried is because the power button is actually connected to the audio board.