thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

Flux for bga rework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flux for bga rework

Which kind of flux should I use for bga rework, big chip reballing etc? Also what are the ideal temperatures (lead free) to not fry the chips while removing them?

I use NC-559. Temperature I never measure, you can watch when the chip reflows. Temp measurements are always off, so I can tell you that lead-free will reflow at 230C but that does not take into account crappy thermocouples.

Are you thinking of reballing used GPUs?
    Last edited by dukefawks; 02-25-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Thank you

and no, it's pointless anyway, I don't want a customer back in my office after a couple of months, I could think about it only maybe for some old iMac but fuck it, I just want to try to reball a personal old hp laptop which has only an affective value (went trough high school with me)

Comment

I use the chipquik SMD291 as I cant get NC-559 here (australia) I can get it from jason but the shipping is quite expensive

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X