thread top ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

READ BEFORE REGISTERING SO YOUR ACCOUNT WORKS

In order for your account to be activated INSTANTLY, your PayPal email MUST MATCH THE EMAIL YOU USE TO REGISTER YOUR ACCOUNT ON THIS FORUM!! If your PAYPAL email address differs from your FORUM email address, your account will have to be activated MANUALLY when a customer service agent gets around to it.

I realize this sucks, and I do apologize.
See more
See less

What do you guys use to dry your boards after UC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys use to dry your boards after UC?

Hi.

I'm thinking of getting a convection fan mini toaster oven for drying boards after UltraSonic. Just wondering what you guys use?

They go right into my normal oven for 10 min. set at 130C.

Comment

I pour alcohol over it to displace the water, let the alcohol evaporate then into the oven for 30 minutes at 100c

Comment

I was more leaning toward what oven you use really. I'm looking for something small and I thought a fan assisted one would do better to spread the heat and blow away condensation.

Comment

I put it in a container of 99% alcohol, then I let it sit in the air filter for 10-20 minutes, then into some kmart oven at 250f for half an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by larossmann View Post
            I put it in a container of 99% alcohol, then I let it sit in the air filter for 10-20 minutes, then into some kmart oven at 250f for half an hour.
            So no fan assist then?... Just a basic oven.

I was thinking of an oven that I can use for boards and also slap an Arduino on and use for reflow on project prototypes.
            Last edited by G.Beard; 10-25-2016, 10:40 PM.

Comment

• RavetcoFX
              RavetcoFX commented
              Editing a comment
              Only set it to around 100C please don't actually use the reflow temperatures >.<

Yh, reflow just for projects.

Comment

i use a 50L oven that is fan assisted, i modded it with a PID/SSR. No real reason to mod it though.

Comment

thread bottom ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X