[SOLVED]820-2879 with battery doesnot work

MDY

- Only with battery dosnot power PPBUS - 11.50V
-Only with AC adapter it power and works. PPBUS - 12.30 (too low? Bad SMC?)
- WIth ac adapter and battery it power and works. PPBUS - 12.30

If I remove battery it works 10 seconds more and shutdown. Already tried a new battery.
ISL 17,18 and 27,18 are 3ohm and 20ohm

dukefawks

Administrator
12.3 means the data bus for battery has an issue. Disconnect the battery indicator and try again. Else it may be a bad ISL or SMC.

dukefawks

Administrator
Yes and 3V42 will be fine, it is a battery data bus issue. Disconnect BIL and see if PPBUS is 12,56V without battery. If not it is probably dead ISL/SMC

MDY

I have only the board on the table and still 12.30V
Next step is to replace ISL6259 then

MDY

I replaced ISL6259 and now I have 12.26V
Next step is replace SMC?
Balls are 0.30mm?

Last edited:

MDY

I put the balls by hand and already replaced it and I still have 12.28V
So now what I did is new SMC and new ISL. What more could be?

MDY

Yes, board still power. My first smc replacment was ok ;)
When os x load appear a x inside the battery. When disconect the magsafe, board will work 10 seg more.

dukefawks

Administrator
Either a bad SMC again or the parts I mentioned. I assume you tried a known good battery and have the BIL disconnected.

MDY

A known good battery?? I measure 12.28V without battery and this depend from board only, right? So battery is not the problem I underatand as ppbus is not the correct value.

dukefawks

Administrator
Well yes, but a bad battery can cause 12.3V too if connected, but without it is indeed a board issue.
Again I mentioned in post #12 the things that can cause this.

MDY

Aprendiz, thanks for link to buy smc stencil. Do I need more stencils for SMC? There are different, right? How can I fund them on ebay?

MDY

R5280/81 or corrosion in battery indicator connector, D6950. Board still powers on after the SMC?

R5281 was really bad. I didnot have 3.42V on other side. I replace it and now I have 3.42V at SCL and SDA. But still I have 12.28V at PPBUS.

MDY

I checked and resoldered ISL again and now I have 12.59V at PPBUS and 3.25V at pin14 - ACOK

But now it will not power up. Magesafe is present. I dont know what happend.

SMC_LID - 3.40V

VREG3 and VREG5 at U7200 are present.

PP3V3_S5 - 3.3V present

Cannot see change in PM_PWRBTN_L when press powerbtn.

SMC_ADAPTER_EN - 0.47V

Last edited: