LG warranties sucks

Nick

So I have lot of shops who brings their stuff in and today I had a weird thing. A 2 weeks old LG G4. the shop said that the customer uses it normally and it turned off on its own. Since then it went in constant boot loop. Trying to enter the recovery menu only caused the phone to go black with the vibration on until you removed the battery.

LG refused to replace it on warranty for reasons I do not know. The phone didn't have a scratch and the little screw stickers to prove you opened the phone were intact.

I decided to open it to 1) get data back 2) try to fix the hard brick with a direct eMMC rewrite and I found this interesting thing on the cpu

jtb9BJX.jpg

the cpu was oblique compared to the pcb. Some balls were merely touching the board. Clearly a manufacture issue.

after a quick reflow the phone started working fine

now the question is why LG didn't want to replace this on warranty? They didn't even try to open the phone!

should I charge for a full logic board repair even if it was just a simple reflow or ask for less?

Repairable

ask the price you need, keep in mind if he comes back it is your warranty. not LG.
you touch it your fault no mather what.

Nick

ask the price you need, keep in mind if he comes back it is your warranty. not LG.
you touch it your fault no mather what.

No problem with that, it was told him fair and square that he loses LG warranty in the moment I open it (not that it mattered anymore) and that he is only getting a year warranty on the repair as usual