U9500:
PP1V0_S0GPU not present
PP1V5_GPU_REG not present

P1V0GPU_EN present
P1V5FB_EN present

Replaced U9500, nothing

Everything around it seems to be ok, I don't know what I'm missing

Crizz

actually aprendiz was asking if you tried to give your GPU a little bit of heat :D
apr. ~150-160C
If the machine will work after that you know your GPU is dead

Vinny

actually aprendiz was asking if you tried to give your GPU a little bit of heat :D
apr. ~150-160C
If the machine will work after that you know your GPU is dead
I don't like doing those things if they don't make sense. It's not being told to turn on and there isn't 1.5v to it :(

turbo

best solution for chime no video
0.check if external monitior works
1.use known good screen with ldvd cable
2.change lvds connector in board in precise/ precision way....
3. then you start checking pin 2,3,4 on lvds connector

george-a

I am not sure if the board would power up those rails without the presence of a GPU chip (need expert input here) but these motherboards do have a history of GPU failures and if I had to consider which connection points fail the most are those which convey current.

Vinny

I just took L9510 off, U9500 was giving that 1V so there is a short to ground on the other side, right. So the GPU is fucked up, like all boards.

aprendiz

Remove C9560 (tantalum cap) and check if short is gone, if does not, apply 0.5V with power supply on that rail and see what is getting hot (do not limit current), if you do not find anything hot go a bit high on voltage until something gets hot, of course do not pass over from 1V........

Vinny

Remove C9560 (tantalum cap) and check if short is gone, if does not, apply 0.5V with power supply on that rail and see what is getting hot (do not limit current), if you do not find anything hot go a bit high on voltage until something gets hot, of course do not pass over from 1V........
Already done that, can't see nothing getting hot. Oh god... short still there

Vinny

If anyone is wondering, it should be compatible, only check page 77 of the schematic, it depends on what memory brand (Samsung/Hinnyx) and how much VRAM you have (512MB/1GB) to solder or not any other resistors (R8611/R8612/R8613). 216-0810084 is compatible with 216-0810005 aswell.