Macbook pro A1989 does not install or boot

ielectron

I have a MB pro a1989 with the following issue:
-will not install system
-will only boot to internet recovery, can get it into usb boot and recovery mode from there
-gives error "-2001f" on internet recovery or install from usb
-restore and revive in DFU mode cuts off around 60%
-"recovery is trying to change system settings no administrator was found" message when trying to install from recovery mode
-was able to wipe the ssd through recovery but cannot install system

Any idea what the issue could be based on the above information?

ielectron

Basically when selected Restore or review in DFU, OS restore is going to blank screen at around 60% and not finishing restore or review.
We've tried to remove secure boot (instal from USB stick ) but there is no admin password as system has been removed by customer; when we try procedure than getting error "recovery is trying to change system settings no administrator was found".
High Sierra which was offered by online recovery is also not possible to install we are getting server connection error.
Ssd is recognised and I can wipe it without any errors. Do you have any more ideas how to fix his machine ?

2informaticos

Administrator
Staff member
You can try DFU reflashing SoC ROM.
An empty bin is good enough for test.
Don't forget to make backup.

Did you test with ethernet connection?

ielectron

Hi thanks for response, What is SoC ROM? I cant see this setting in Apple Configurator.
I didn't test with ethernet connection as I don't have the LAN adapter

ielectron

I have put empty Soc ROM machine is not powering on, is this normal ? I have seen that it is possible to buy a programmed do you have any stock bin I could program this chip with . thanks